Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This weeks question

Are there people who want to believe in Jesus that aren't able to?

At first I thought NO! But then you said, are there people who want to be fit that aren't able, of couse! We have to choose to workout, eat right, and change our lifestyle.

How do I move myself to action? How do I overcome my weakness, my laziness? What is my motivator?

I know that there is treasure being stored up for me in His bank, but I find it so hard not to focus on the here and now, I want my cup to be overflowing, now. At the same time, I know that I don't lean on the Lord when I have plenty.

I don't want to struggle, strive, work, but know that the narrow path is not easy. It is this battle I must fight. Remind myself constantly that I mustdeny the desires of my flesh and change my lifestyle, change my desires.

2 comments:

Leah said...

You are totally and helplessly unable to change your desires. It is impossible apart of a complete surrender to Christ. The surrender is easy and He makes the desires built within you in ways you never thought possible. Can't wait to hear more

lori said...

Wish I had something profound to post (like Leah). But all i have to say is "yeah... I totally understand!"