Monday, February 21, 2011

At Least I'm Not As Sad As I Used To Be

One of my friends posted this as their status the other day, and it made me think about my life. I had a great life by secular views while I was living in Denver; a job with lots of money/benefits, great husband, lots of friends and stuff. I was really sad to leave for Las Vegas, NM. I knew it was the right choice, but was certainly not "happy" about it. This was nothing new for me, I had been in a downward spiral since graduation from highschool. I am amazed at how happy I am now. I had let my circumstances dictate my happiness. I was disconnected Fom God and needed to be awakened. I had allowed myself to be lulled by my fleshly desires to the point of self destruction. When we moved I was forced to go back to my roots...church, every Sunday. It was the only place I knew I could meet people, and start my life over. I have been blessed with an awesome group of people full of love and kindness with accountability to make right choices despite my past. I have found a very real joy deep down in my heart, and I am Sooo Happy!

No comments: