Thursday, April 7, 2011

A New Season

As the season changes, so is my life changing. I am so joyful to be able to stay at home with my kids, and watch them grow up. After working outside the home for more than half my life and for my entire life as a mom it is so different to be able to focus all my attention on my family. I am doing a new study with the women at church, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. While we are just two chapters in, it has made me take a serious look at my life and my habits. The prescription for contentment gave me some things to work on: 1. Never complain about anything-not even the weather 2. Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or some place else. 3. Never compare your lot with anothers. 4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise. 5. Never dwell on tomorrow, remember that tomorrow is Gods not ours. I have been habitually discontent in my life, allowing my circumstances decide my happiness. I have started making an effort to be thankful for my blessings, but to be content also with the trials and tribulations. To force myself to live in today and not worry about what has happened or what will happen. Philippians 4:8 is my verse for this season..."whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. I will learn to be content in every situation!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Can't wait to see you this month. Good post.